Wednesday, September 14, 2011

salsa chicken


Salsa Chicken (Slow Cooker)


I know this dish probably doesn't look that appetizing but you have trust me on this one. In fact, I think you should bookmark this page if you like the following: chicken, Mexican flavors and your slow-cooker. This is the very popular (at least in the food blog world) SALSA CHICKEN!

Who knew chicken breasts + can of cream of chicken soup+ taco seasonings + sour cream could be so good. I know I sure didn't. I had seen this recipe so many times but it just did not sound that appealing. Of course, everyone raved about it, hence it's popularity.


Well, I'm so glad I tried it too b/c it really is so tasty....and easy!! If you have already made this dish, please feel free to leave your review below. THANKS!

Ingredients:

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts 
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (I used the 98% fat free cream of chicken) 
1 cup salsa 
1 package taco seasoning (I didn't have any so Ijust threw in some salt, cumin,paprika, crushed pepers and minced onions)
1 cup sour cream  (
cilantro, for serving (optional) (I also added a little shredded cheddar-jack, black beans and scallion on top)

Directions: 

Put chicken, soup, and salsa in slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over everything. Cook on low for 6 hours. If shredding the chicken, pull the breasts out and shred; return back to slow cooker. Stir in sour cream and heat just until everything is combined.

Source: Fake Ginger

* I didn't read all the directions and put the sour cream in with everything else. We'll see how it turn out. I'm going to pick up some steamed rice on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment