Saturday, April 30, 2011

Baking as I type- Hot Diggity Dog Cassarole



I picked up a new cookbook today, while stimulating the economy at Target . I picked up the Hungry Girl Cookbook, 300 Under 300. All the recipes are under 300 hundred calories. Some of them are called trios and only consist of three ingredients. Fortunately I happened to have some of the ingredients on hand. What I didn't have, I improvised.



157 calories, 2g fat, 1,040mg sodium, 19g carbs, 2.75g fiber, 2.5g sugars, 17.5g protein
PointsPlus® value 4*for her recipe, you'll have to get the book. :)
My Version
3 hot dogs with 40 calories and 1 gram of fat each (I used the 98 percent fat free Hebrew National)
1 whole wheat thin bun
3/4th cup fat free liquid egg product.
1/4 cup ww reduced fat shredded cheese
a shake of minced onions, salt and pepper
Jumbo Foil Cupcake Liners (4)

Cut up hot dogs, tear up bun and combine all ingredients. Divide amongst the foil cups. Top with a pinch or two of cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes. I even added a few drops of Siracha Sauce to the top of one before putting it in the toaster oven. It was delightful. Points Plus value: 4.

The best part, with the cupcake liners, no dishes to clean up and you only used one bowl to mix everything. Super easy. Plus you can just stick it back in the toaster oven to reheat. They have a whole chapter devoted to hot dogs. I think I love this book.

DSCF7031




2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I have one of her other books. I've got to keep on tryin' new stuff. Cody would call this 'poor people food' but I have a feeling I would enjoy it. I also didn't know about FF Hebrews. Thanks buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's pretty tasty. Poor people food is when you use ramen noodles for spaghetti cuz you don't have real noodles. Or ketchup ramen. I'd call this a scarmble that you bake. Scramables are classy.

    ReplyDelete